Talent Search Goals
The Wilson TRiO/ Talent Search program is a funded by the AIM Institute through a grant from the United States Department of Education. Talent Search provides both Junior High and High school students with a variety of programs to help them prepare to graduate from high school and successfully enter into college.
Program activities are designed in collaboration with the AIM Institute’s grant staff, Wilson Jr. High and Thomas Jefferson High School administrators, counselors and teachers. The grant sponsors a variety of free after school, during school and summer school programs.
Goals of the AIM Institute/Wilson Talent Search Program
- To assist students in basic and advanced skills with an emphasis on reading, math and technology
- To help students set higher education goals
- To provide relevant career and college information to parents and students
- Increase the number of students graduating from high school
- Increase the number of students enrolling in college
How to Apply
In order to participate in the Talent Search Programs, a parent or guardian must complete a one page application form. The form can be downloaded from this site or obtained by contacting the AIM Institute’s Talent Search staff at one of the two Talent Search Offices:
Wilson Middle School
715 No. 21st St.
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51501
Elody Kiser , Talent Search Site Coordinator
1905 Harney, Suite 224.
Omaha, NE 68104
Nadine Baker, Talent Search Manager
402-345-5025 ext. 104